see how we glow
yet to be accepted for publication
A collection of imaginative, surreal, dream-like, whimsical, absurd, and strange fairy tale, fantasy, and sci-fi adventures of longing, discovery, surprises, secrets, escape, wonder, awe, eeriness, unusual gadgets, exploration, change, and strange happenings in everyday life. These fables will make great story starters for young adults and reluctant readers.
– people find ghostly figures by a creek, then enter their world
– a man orders some goons out of a catalogue.
– a man meets his clone, who appears to be doing better in life than himself.
– a man encounters helpful monkeys while traveling.
– a person steps from a tree house to find a giant, colorful butterfly.
– a man accidentally creates a liquid that can view the future.
– a boy discovers a mysterious door under the stairway in his basement which leads to secrets about his family.
With underlying themes of fragility, uncertainty, impermanence, the mysteries hidden in everyday life, discovery, escape, concealment, ennui, sadness, loneliness, isolation, technology run amok, strange machines, eerie vibes, irresponsible behavior, confusion, change, absurd situations, Tony Rauch is a worthy successor to the artistry and imagination of the likes of Barry Yourgrau and Ray Bradbury.